Sunday, June 29, 2008

My hobbies - astronomy

One more hobby I have been pursuing is astronomy. Its a different feeling to lie down on your back under a starlit sky, and be able to identify the stars in front me you.

Well how I got interested in this topic is a story by itself. I used to read comics of sindbad the sailor and was amazed to know that he navigated his ship with help of the stars at night.

Well this and some other such stories built my curiosity to unravel this ancient skill. Luckily a kind person came to my help and led me to this hobby. Mr anand ghaisas, a teacher of astronomy @ khagol mandal led me to a night watch program where one is introduced to the "Stars of the night". Here the knowledge of the night elements and various objects is imparted and you get to know how sindbad knew where he was going. Check out www.khagolmandal.com If you would like to know more.

1 comment:

  1. That was a really good info. I came to know about khagol mandal from my HAM friend prakash.

    ReplyDelete