Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Hobbies - Shri Ganesh Collection

As goes this blog... the journey of life is easier when you have something to keep yourself occupied. I have some hobbies, which keep me quite busy. The following is a list of hobbies i follow, though not in the order of the amount of time they demand on my busy schedule...

I am an avid follower of Shri Ganesha-The hindu Elephant Faced God. He is a source of immence encouragement, patience and willpower in times of peril. I was always awed by the various forms a Ganeshji's statue takes in India. I started collecting all unique shapes and sizes of Shri Ganeshji since the past few years. Each of my outdoor/Outstation visit is peppered with a visit to a local temple, where the shopping area is bound to get me access to some new form of Shri Ganeshji. Till date i have some 42 Unique statues collected and occupying a place of pride in my Drawing Room. I keep collecting them, but now its getting difficult to find unique shapes. So its becomming more challenging to develop the hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just read your post about your hobby. I too have same the interest and started Ganesh statue collections..

    Its truely a refreshing experience..

    Good luck..

    Do share with me any tips to maintain them please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sangi,

    I am glad i found someone sharing the same interest as mine.

    For maintenance, i use a mild soapwater & cloth after dusting with a artist's soft brush.

    too frequent cleaning also damages the statues...

    i am going to upload images sometime later, do share your collection images if possible...

    thanks for posting,
    paresh

    ReplyDelete